Actor Sushant Singh Rajput has issued a formal statement denying charges of sexual harassment against him. Taking to Twitter, the popular actor said that the allegations against him that he sexually harassed the Bollywood newcomer Sanjana Sanghi were a work of fiction.
He tweeted, “The last thing worth doing is to defend yourself of the fiction created by an agenda. People using this much required campaign for their personal agenda is too much to ignore. So here is the text conversation with Sanjana till the time I shot for the film. I let you decide.”
Sushant also shared the screenshot of his text conversation with Sanjana showing that there was nothing wrong between them.
The last thing worth doing is to defend yourself of the fiction created by an agenda. People using this much required campaign for their personal agenda is too much to ignore. So here is the text conversation with Sanjana till the time I shot for the film. I let you decide. pic.twitter.com/9e65MH1VVB
— Sushant Singh Rajput (@itsSSR) October 18, 2018
This was after Sushant and Bollywood newbie Sanjana Sanghi trended on social media on Thursday evening. Several media reports had said that the shooting for Kizie Aur Manny had to to stop allegedly because Sanjana was offended by the ‘extra-friendly’ gesture of Sushant towards her on the sets.
Kizie Aur Manny, which is the Hindi adaptation of 2014 Hollywood hit, The Fault in Our Stars, is being directed by casting director Mukesh Chhabra, who was recently accused of sexual harassment. According to reports, the shooting came to halt in Jamshedpur last month after Sanjana made her displeasure known to everyone.
Such was the scene that the young actress even got her parents involved, claimed media reports quoting sources. Her parents reportedly told her to resume the shooting only if she felt comfortable.
A report by entertainment website filmibeat said that a day after the reported incident, Sanjana’s parents even came to the sets to speak to the director about the sexual harassment their daughter was facing on the film sets. “Their complaints and concerns too were laughed off by the film maker, who instead asked them to keep a strong gut if their daughter was expecting to have a long run in showbiz,” the website quoted a source as saying.
However, the film’s producer has denied media reports. DNA website quoted the studio that’s financing the film as saying, “We, as a studio, take the safety of our talent and crew with utmost seriousness. No such incident has happened on our sets and shoot has not been suspended. As a matter of fact, the final schedule of our shoot is on as we speak. We are looking forward to releasing the film in 2019.”
Sanjana has not made any comments on the topic. In July she had shared her photo with Sushant and Mukesh Chhabra on her Twitter page, which has a very modest number of followers.
— Fox Star Hindi (@foxstarhindi) July 13, 2018
Meanwhile, Twitter removed the blue tick from Sushant Singh Rajput’s account. But the blue tick was back after a few hours.