Odisha BSE Result 2018: The Odisha Board of Secondary Education (BSE, Odisha) has declared its Matriculation Class 10th results for 2018 in the first week of May at board’s official website: www.bseodisha.nic.in or www.orissaresults.nic.in
BSE, Odisha Matriculation exams were held between 23 February and 8 March this year.
Follow these steps to check your results online:
1: Go to the Odisha board official website: www.bseodisha.nic.in
2: Enter your name, roll number and other required details in the respected fields.
3: Click on ‘Submit’
4: Your results will appear on the screen.
About Odisha Board:
The Board of Secondary Education, Odisha is a Body Corporate constituted under the Odisha Secondary Education Act, 1953. It regulates, controls and developes Secondary Education in the State of Odisha. It Provides varied courses in order to equip students for different occupations, to prepare them for University education and to equip them for various cultural purposes. It examines those who have completed a prescribed course of study and awards certificates to the successful candidates. Besides, it does all other things which are incidental to the above.
It started functioning in the year 1955 and is now located at Bajrakabati Road, Cuttack-753001, Odisha (India).
Functions Of The Board
- To make necessary arrangements for smooth conduct of public examination at school level. At present the Board conducts public examinations at Middle, Matriculation and Senior Secondary Level.
- To prescribe the curriculum, courses of studies and text books for school education. The Board has a full- fledged academic wing, having subject experts in all the major subjects. The main responsibility of this wing is to prepare and revise the syllabuses regularly and then prepare text books accordingly.
- To arrange for the preparations, compilation, improvement, publication, printing and sale of text books.
- To make necessary arrangements for affiliations of schools to the Board.
- To make efforts to bring about qualitative improvement in school education.
- To act as an advisory body to the state Govt. regarding School Education.