Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta has released the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2018 notifications. The detailed notification for CAT 2018 is available on the official website iimcat.ac.in
The Press Release by IIM Calcutta, dated 28 July 2018, stated Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) will be releasing the notification for the Common Admission Test 2018 (CAT 2018) in newspapers across the country on 29 July 2018 (Sunday).
According to Prof. Sumanta Basu, Convener, CAT 2018, following are some of the salient features of CAT 2018:
• CAT 2018 will be conducted on 25 November 2018 (Sunday) in two sessions.
• Registration for CAT 2018 will open on 8 August 2018 and will close on 19 September 2018.
• CAT 2018 will be conducted in test centres spread across approximately 147 cities.
• Candidates will be given the option to select 4 test cities in order of preference. Cities and centres will be assigned to the candidates only after the last date for CAT 2018 registration and hence candidates need not rush to block slots and cities in the initial days of registration.
• Concerned authority will try their best to assign candidates to their first preferred city. In case it is not possible, they will be assigned a city following their given order of preference. In the rare case that a candidate is not allotted any of the preferred cities, he/she will be allotted an alternate city. However, candidates will not be able to select the session because it will be assigned randomly.
• Candidates must pay the registration fee through online payment modes only, which will include credit cards, debit cards and net banking.
• After submission of the application, candidates will be permitted to download their examination admit card from 24 October 2018 onwards, till the date of test.
• The duration of the test will be 180 minutes. There will be three sections:
Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Section III: Quantitative Ability
• Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they will not be allowed to switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
• Some questions in each section may not be of multiple-choice type. Instead, direct answers will have to be typed on the screen. The tutorials will clearly explain this. Also, we will allow use of basic onscreen calculator for computation.
• Tutorial to understand the format of the test will be available on the CAT website from 17 October 2018. Candidates are advised to work on the tutorials available on the CAT website well in advance.
• The CAT website contains a section on Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that addresses some of the commonly asked queries regarding CAT 2018. Candidates may also contact the CAT helpdesk over email or phone.
CAT 2018 would be conducted on 25 November 2018 – Sunday across 147 centres in the country. The eligibility examination is a prerequisite for admission to IIMs and other top management institutes in the country. Important dates and eligibility criteria are summarized below.
CAT 2018 Important Dates
- Start of online registration: 8 August 2018
- Last date to apply online: 19 September 2018 by 5:00 pm
- Admit card download of CAT 2018: 24 October – 25 November 2018
- Exam date CAT 2018: 25 November 2018
- CAT 2018 Result: Tentatively by 2nd week of January 2019
CAT 2018 Eligibility
Graduates from any stream are eligible to apply for CAT 2018. The students who have appeared in the final year examinations and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for the examination.
All interested candidates are advised to check the detailed notification thoroughly. The application fee for CAT 2018 form is Rs. 1900 for general and OBC category applicants. For SC, ST and PwD candidates are required to pay Rs. 950 for the CAT 2018 form.