Gujarat CET results 2018: The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) declared its GUJCET results for 2018 at board’s official website: gseb.org
Follow these steps to check your results online:
- Go to the Gujarat board official website: gseb.org
- Enter your name, roll number and other required details in the respected fields.
- Click on ‘Submit’
- Your results will appear on the screen.
GUJCET Merit List 2018:
The GUJCET merit list 2018 will be based on based on merit wherein 60% weightage will be given to marks scored in four semesters and 40% to GUJCET percentile marks. Students will be called for centralized counselling session based on their ranking in the GUJCET merit list 2018. The probable date for counselling session will be in the 4th week of June. The GUJCET 2018 exam date was 23rd May, 2018 and the GUJCET Result 2018 will be released on 10th May, 2018. Keep visiting the website for further updates on GUJCET latest news and GUJCET Result.
About Gujarat Board:
The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (abbreviated as GSEB) is a board of school education in the state of Gujarat, India. It is a governmental body which is responsible for academic administration in the state of Gujarat, India, and has its jurisdiction over the state’s secondary and higher secondary education. It was formed on the basis of ’The Gujarat Secondary Education Act 1972’. The board supervises, organises, controls, regulates and looks after the matters associated with school education in the state of Gujarat. The primary function of the board is to prepare academic programmes and organise examination for the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC).
Functions of The Board:
- To make necessary arrangements for smooth conduct of public examination at school level. At present, the Board conducts public examinations at Middle, Matriculation and Senior Secondary Level.
- To prescribe the curriculum, courses of studies and text books for school education. The Board has a full- fledged academic wing, having subject experts in all the major subjects. The main responsibility of this wing is to prepare and revise the syllabuses regularly and then prepare text books accordingly.
- To arrange for the preparations, compilation, improvement, publication, printing and sale of text books.
- To make necessary arrangements for affiliations of schools to the Board.
- To make efforts to bring about qualitative improvement in school education.
- To act as an advisory body to the state Govt. regarding School Education.