The war of words on the Lalit Modi-Sushma Swaraj-Vasundhara Raje controversy seems to be a never ending matter. The Congress today stepped up its attack and put forward five questions to PM Modi. Speaking to the media Congress leader Ghulam Nadi Azad said, “PM’s silence on the whole thing suggests that he let this all happen.”
The opposition have put forward the following five questions
- Whether Sushma Swaraj and Vasundhara Raje are not guilty under sections 13 (1)D under prevention or corruption act?
- Whether Sushma Swaraj and Vasundhara Raje are not guilty under money laundering act and FEMA?
- Whether Sushma Swaraj and Vasundhara Raje are not guilty of offences under passports acts of 1967?
- Whether getting Rs. 21.08 crore from Mauritius based company and investing 63 crores in Vasundhara Raje’s son Dushyant’s company and purchase of Rs10 share at a premium of Rs. 96,000 can be termed as a simple commercial transaction?
- What made finance minister give a clean chit to lalit Modi and Vasundhara Raje’s son at a time when ED is investigating them? Does it mean ED investigation have been summarily closed.
Sushma Swaraj has been in the eye of storm after it was revealed that she had allegedly committed an act of conflict of interest by requesting the British authorities to issue travel documents to Modi, who was wanted by the Enforcement Directorate in multi-crore scandal. On the other hand, Vasundhara Raje too has been named in one of the documents released by Lalit Modi’s lawyer which stated that Raje supported Lalit Modi’s immigration application as “secret witness”.