Aam Aadmy Party on Friday posed “five specific” questions to the Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley relating to its allegations of corruption in Delhi’s cricket body DDCA during his time as the cricket body’s president.
Speaking to media, the party leader Ashutosh and Sanjay Singh stepped up their attack against Jaitley calling him a “master of half truth and beautiful lies.
Jaitley on Thursday had strongly rejected the allegations calling them a propaganda technique of Kejriwal to deflect attention when he himself was in the “dock” following a CBI raid in Delhi Secretariat.
Ashutosh asked Jaitley to clarify who were members of the 21st Century and whether it had any of his kin.
The AAP leader also accused Jaitley of putting pressure on ONGC to give an amount of Rs 5 crore to Hockey India and sought to know what was the reason behind it.
“The registered address, e-mail and directors of these companies were same. Did Jaitley know about these companies and is it not corruption,” AAP leader was quoted by PTI.
The AAP on Thursday too had raised five specific points to nail the DDCA for alleged rampant corruption.
On Jaitley’s comments that the SFIO report had absolved him, Ashutosh said the Finance Minister hid the fact that punishment for offences mentioned by the central agency included imprisonment.
Sanjay Singh asked, “We had raised specific questions and Jaitley gave vague answers. That is why we are coming out with five specific questions for him.”
The AAP leaders also asked Jaitley to tell about his relationship with Hockey India chief Narendra Batra.
Here are the five specific questions posed by AAP leader to Jaitley;
- Last paragraph of Jaitley’s blog states that no personal blog was ever made against him. This was a huge lie. Kirti Azad, who is a BJP MP, had written a letter to Jaitley on 13 September 2015. Paragraph 3 says ‘It is shocking to know that illegal corporate boxes were constructed. A company close to you and your family 21st Century was tasked to sell these boxes for ten years. at Rs 36 crore for which a commission of Rs Rs 5.04 crore was paid to the said company. And when it was a commonly known that you had personally spoken to the company like ONGC to get them to illegally sublease these boxes, 21st Centure had very little to do in subleasing these boxes, why commission was paid to them is perhaps known to you. 21st Century is a company owned by Jaitley’s personal friend Lokesh Sharma
- Is it not true that you put pressure on ONGC to give Rs 5 crore grant to Hockey India? When you as a finance minister pressurise a company which falls under you to give Rs 5 crore worth grant, is it not corrupt practice?
- Jaitley in his blog said that Rs 114 crore was paid to EPIL, a public undertaking company, towards stadium’s renovation. The truth is only Rs 57 crore was paid to the EPIL. Who did Jaitley pay the remaining Rs 57 crore and what’s the relation of him with those companies?
- DDCA’s fact finding committee discovered 9 companies, which shared same address, directors and email ids. As the DDCA president, did he not know about these nine fake companies?
- Why did you hide the fact in your blog that the irregularities you stated as compoundable had actually criminal intent and punishable under section 209 and 211 of companies act 1956 and were punishable by imprisonment?