Yesterday night was quite a night, not the one you would want to live through.
Me, Sakshi and our teammate Iliyas were coming from CCD @Taj at 1:55AM and as iliyas had booked a cab from Rajouri garden to Dwarka, we drove below the flyover and stopped our car at Rajouri Garden main red-light, under the flyover (where you can see all the malls in front of you).
It was hardly 5 mins of waiting for his cab, our car engine was on, doors locked and windows rolled up. As per us, we were safe.
And then a single man driven Swift dezire (totally unsuspecting, non threatening) stops beside us waving us to roll down the window for directions.
As I rolled down the window he asked me some random direction and when I told him, he kept on asking me same question again, as if he did not get the answer.
As I kept explaining him, suddenly a man appears right on my window with a pistol, stopping me from rolling the windows up and shouting “car band car warna goli maar dunga.”
Startled, I tried to fist-fight with him and pushed his pistol outside the car but then suddenly it dawned on me, it’s a pistol and my life is more important than probably what he wants.
As a reaction before he became violent, I said – ” ok ok, kya chahiye bolo, aaram se, ye lo band kar di car.”
Then suddenly another man approaches from other side, where Sakshi was sitting, again with a pistol.
He tried to open the door which got unlocked as soon as I turned engine off (fu***** Hyundai’s feature). I started shouting again asking the guy to not open the door at Sakshi’s side, as I had just promised to co-operate with the first guy and asked the other to leave her alone.
Then starts the loot, one of them grabbed my gold chain and pulled it, the other asked me to take out by Gold Kada. I kind of tried to fist fight again to save that Kada but then one of them loaded the gun and threatened to shoot, i said – “ok, le jao”
And then suddenly they see a police patrol gypsy approaching and fled the scene. We did get time to note car number UP14 CN 3306 .
Things which surprised me:
1. we were in extremely well lit area.
2. Police check post was 50 metres away from the spot.
3. There were cars passing by, it was not a secluded spot.
4. The third man, parked the car in front of us, blocked our way and joined other 2 in loot, he did not have any fear of being caught for which he needed to keep the engine of his car on or sit in it and wait for other 2 guys.
5. Police Patrol gypsy did not drive towards us, in fact they did not even bother. It was just the robbers ran away because of their fear, not that police was even looking in that direction.
1. Do not roll down your windows in Delhi even to help someone with directions.
2. Keep your doors locked at all times.
3. Police is pretty much useless.
I am still NOT blaming the 2AM timing, why?
1. Same thing happened with someone close last year at broad day light at 12:30PM on a road full of vehicles. no one noticed.
2. Similar versions I heard from multiple people in last one year at different times in the day.
3. Police reaction on reporting was so useless that I felt that’s the number one reason why these kinda crimes are happening.
1. filed an FIR. SHO is promising to track this down, apparently he is the dare devil top cop of west Delhi, woh alag baat hai ki his officers behaved extremely lousy.
2. pursuing it with DCP parallely.
3. Sending the request with FIR to Commissioner, Vice President’s office, President’s office, Home Ministry, CM of Delhi as well as PM.
Not sure what will it fetch me, not my gold I am sure. But the idea is to ensure authorities have enough pressure to be on their toes…
so that this does not happen again….
ok! for the longest time….alright ! in that area at least…..
yeah that’s the level of trust I have right now in law enforcement.
Please spread the word, share this,because I am sure modus operandi of these goons is same. at least you & your dear ones can avoid being a victim.
This viral Facebook post was taken from the author’s page. Views expressed here are the author’s own and jantakareporter.com doesn’t subscribe to them